August 25, 2010

First Day of School!

Well, it's finally here! The first day of school and summer is officially over! I feel like I can now get back into somewhat of a routine!
This year, Ian started 2nd Grade! He is so tall now, and has changed so much over the past year! He had lost a lot of teeth, so his smile is now at the beginning stages of his 'grown up' mouth! haha! (in other words... he's gonna need braces) haha! Ian was very anxious to go back to school, as he has told me repeatedly that our house is boring. I agree with him! haha! But he likes to have his schedule, so I'm glad that he's gonna get back into it now. He was pleased that a lot of the kids from his 1st grade class are again in his class this year, although, some of the same trouble makers are back too, so we'll see how that goes!Luke started Kindergarten this year and has been anxiously awaiting today all summer! Even though his preschool teacher said back in February that he wouldn't be ready for kindergarten this year, I went with my gut and threw him in all day. I think he will benefit a LOT from a schedule as well, even though one of the first questions out of his mouth this morning was, 'mom, are we gonna get to play in kindergarten?' I assured him that, yes, kindergartener's get to play a lot during school, but they also have to listen to their teacher when it's work time! He was good with that!
When we dropped them off this morning at the school, I hugged and kissed them both, and they took off into the school... neither one of them looked back and waved, but I'm ok with that. They are great kids and I'm glad that they are independent and ready for this year!Mason, on the other hand, was VERY sad that his brothers didn't take him with them! But he got over it.Mom and Dad.... we were VERY excited to see them walking into that school with confidence and smiles on their faces! (oh, yes, and FREEDOM!!!) We love our boys and are proud of who they are becoming!