August 3, 2010

The WALL!!!

A huge part of our girls camp was the climbing wall! I was really excited I got the opportunity to go on it. It is a 36 foot wall, and a 500 foot zip cord from the top going into the woods. After watching all the 'IN SHAPE' women go up and some struggle, I was really nervous. But with everything that had happened at camp up to that point, I was bound and determined to get to the top! Plus, I really wanted to fly down that zip cord! I am proud to say that I struggled a bit 3/4 of the way up, and they did hoist me up a bit, but I did it! And I made it in less than 10 minutes! I didn't want to give up! I felt I was in control of this outcome, and with not feeling in control of other things during camp, I really wanted to get this! I was SO proud when I reached the top and got to ring that bell!

Getting Started. (this isn't too bad...)

Here is where everyone seemed to get stuck. I think I managed ok...

This part, OH MAN! This was the HARDEST part! My legs didn't want to come up until my arms went up, but they had to! I did it though! Look at that spiderwoman! (but please don't look at her rump!) ;)

One of the proudest moments of my life! Now I can check that off my list of 'Things to Do Before I'm Fifty!" BOY, do my arms hurt though!!!