August 3, 2010

My Biggest Achievement - Stake YW Camp!

Last week, I was able to finally go to stake young women's camp! I have put in 11 long months of planning and preparing for this one week this year! I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself for pulling it off (although, I wouldn't have even come close without the help of all my wonderful stake leaders and assistant!!!) It's amazing how much I have learned about myself and others in the 5 days I was there. I realized that I cry way too much... that I am strong, just not in the ways I thought... that I have little self-confidence (although I knew that already)... and that I can do anything with the help of wonderful leaders and most importantly, the Lord.

This adventure was a huge undertaking, and I commend ANYONE who has walked in my shoes in years past! This is a stress-filled calling and assignment, but I am finding the joy in serving the Lord in this capacity. I came into this thinking, 'I've got this all under control'... boy was I wrong! Lot's of mental notes were taken, realizations were realized, and disappointments were seen. Overall, though, it was a great time. I really feel the Young Women had a good time - at least I hope they did - and our last day with Testimony meeting came wonderful testimonies born.

I am very tired. I am very done with camp for a little bit, but I'll be back... unless they release me, I'll be back :)



Our camp Banner that a couple of the YW painted! What a great job they did!

"Tribal Counsel" with all the Ward Flags.

This awesome guy was our 'Unity Challenge' prize! Each day the girls got to compete to have him in their campsites!