August 14, 2011

Stake YW Camp! Treasure Island!

Our Stake Young Women and Leaders - Camp 2011
I am amazed that I made it through my second year as the stake camp director for the young women! Camp was SO wonderful this year! We had wonderful girls, and great leaders all helping out to make camp a fantastic week! Our theme was Treasure Island, and we had the whole pirate thing going on! Our 'treasures' are our 'VALUES', and that is what we tried to teach these young women all week! It was hot and sticky, but it was bearable! We did such fun things, and I'm so grateful for all the time and effort everyone put into camp this year! We did rock wall climbing and zip lines, dutch oven cooking, campfires and songs galore, daily challenges, canoeing, crafts that were amazing, eating food that was scrumptious, hiking, star gazing, orienteering hikes, swimming, digging up messages in a bottle, faith walks, testimony meeting, super silly skit-in-a-bag skits, saw lizards, lots of spiders, knots, knives, and a plethora of other fun things! It was a fun filled week and I am so happy with the results!

Some Highlights of the week:
Me and my camp assistant at registration. We're supposed to be making pirate faces, but Judi looks a bit worried! ;)

The first and second years before their hike (picture stolen from Judi) ;)

Me on the Gypsy Steps on the last day of camp - feeling high on life and ready to go home!

The Amazing 2year YCL's! They worked so hard and were the BIG SISTERS of camp!

The wonderful 1st year YCL's.... these girls did all the grunt work of planning daily challenges and super fun things all week!

The fantastic 4th Years, who despite there preconceived notions, had a WONDERFUL time on their primitive campout and thought their 'hole in the ground' latrine was awesome!

The awesome 3rd Years, who are such a sweet group of girls and know how to work together! They won the first challenge and there are only 5 of them!

The sassy 2nd Years! This group had the most girls in it, and they got to do a lot of fun things! They are sweet and most of all, they love me! :)

The little 1st Year girls! What a group of sweet and adorable girls! They handled themselves beautifully for their first year at camp, and I'm proud of them all for being there!

During this first aid challenge, the stake leaders were supposed to attack the YCL's like on a pirate ship and 'wound' them so the other girls could practice their first aid skills in a relay! It was fun, until I fell over one of the girls and couldn't move cause I was laughing so hard! Thankfully, Judi came to my rescue! ;)

Me on the climbing wall.

I made it!

After the zip line, bringing the line back for the next person. I LOVE THE ZIP LINE!!

My awesome assistant, Judi, and one of my leaders, Nikki, who is 6 months pregnant and still came to camp! They just got off the canoe after making sure everyone was done with the canoe race challenge! :) good times!
Posted by Picasa