August 14, 2011

My Spontaneous Trip to Brookfield Zoo!


Well, I decided to take the boys up to the Zoo on Friday. I didn't want to go to the local zoo, cause it's small and we've been there a lot, plus, my sister in law, Angel, loves the zoo, so I called her up to see if she wanted to spend the day with us! It was last minute, but she said yes, and I am glad, cause there was NO way I was taking the boys by myself to the zoo! (Dave had to work!) So we picked Angel up and headed out. I didn't realize that Brookfield was so far away! But that's ok! We had a great time seeing all the animals. It was a quick run through of the park, because the boys attention spans aren't very long.
Their favorite part of the whole zoo, and was worth the money, was the StingRay exhibit, where you were able to pet the sting(less) rays, and feed them! The boys LOVED it! I thought it was slimey, and I don't really like touching fish, but I did it! I tried to feed on, but then I chickened out! Ian tried to feed them, but his arm wasn't long enough, and they couldn't get over his hand. But they really thought that was fun!
We ended our evening eating at a small fun little restaurant by Angel's house called the Polka Dot! The boys had a blast there too. It was a fun filled day for all! But man, I was wore out!













Posted by Picasa