July 30, 2009

Boys+Sand+Water=FUN!



Last week, the boys decided they wanted to add a little water to their sandbox - which I thought would be fine, since one side is for sand and the other side is for water and they can do boats and stuff. So... here I am piddling away at my daily tasks inside just oblivious to what is taking place just outside my front door! It was a nice day out, so I had the windows open and the boys were playing and I could tell they were having a grand time with each other. I remember thinking, "Oh, I'm so glad they are getting a long so well for so long!" My immediate next thought was, "I better go check on them!" I walked out on the deck to this. They had been slinging wet sand balls at eachother and the ceiling to the deck and the house and the window, etc... you name it, there was sand on it! They were both completely drenched with wet sand from head to toe as well! After I laughed quite a bit, and took some pictures, I ruined their fun by making them clean it up. They didn't like that at all! Oh well, it was funny and I'm glad they found something they can do together! They really can play nice together if they want to!