April 20, 2009

Scrapbooking Retreat!







Saturday was a great day out for myself! Mom organized a fun day in South Bend, IN at a scrapbook store of 13 hours of power cropping! It was great because there were 9 of us women chatting and laughing and working on our layouts all day long. No interruptions from children, just 13 hours of peace! (well, in my mind! ha!) It was fun to get to know everyone there better. The store provided 3 meals as well, so I really felt like I was being taken care of! I got 15 layouts almost completed (30 pages, but still need titles and journaling) and I am proud of myself! It was good for me also to get away from the mundane life of being a mommy and be MYSELF for a day. Hopefully that didn't annoy everyone too much! hahha I am grateful that I had this chance to go! And I thank my husband for being such a good sport about the whole thing! He truly is a saint! He handled the kids just fine while I was away - actually much better than me... maybe he should stay home and I should go scrap! Anyway, I had a blast!