February 4, 2009

Crazy Northwest Indiana Weather

For those of you who do not know what Lake Effect snow is, this is it! The snow started flying yesterday around noon, and hasn't stopped yet. Lake effect snow was being reported falling at a rate of 3 inches per hour! So far, there is a record accumulation of 25 inches (at least!) and we are supposed to get about 8 more inches throughout today! Schools are cancelled (yeah me) and Dave will be home to sleep a few hours then go back out plowing this afternoon. He has been gone since 11:30am yesterday and as of right now, 9:10 am he is not home yet.
So, for all those who enjoy warmer and less snowy weather this time of year... isn't it fun to see what you're missing!? ;) These are just some of the pictures I took this morning about an hour
ago.
Snow, snow and more snow... Yes, that is our mailbox!

The snow's up to the speed limit sign in our yard, and the drift next to our porch is about 4 foot high!

As you can see, I'm not going anywhere as the end of our driveway is packed in. It's even drifting off the roof!
My neighbors car is completely buried in the drifts!
I'm so grateful for my warm home!