October 19, 2008

Chess Anyone?

The other day, I was attempting to teach Ian how to play Chess - considering I'm no good at the game at all, I thought I did ok! He knows how to play checkers, thanks to his Great Grandma Beeler, so he really wanted to learn this. I tried to teach him that each piece has a specific move it can make. He thought it was pretty cool. So, the next morning, I woke up to quiet - which is VERY unusual - and came into Ian and Luke's room to them playing chess together and Ian was trying to teach Luke the moves. I was VERY impressed to see that Ian had set the board up exactly right! Ian really loves playing - and even had his babysitter play with him yesterday! He sleeps with the game box on his bed now, and I just think it's funny, but great! I love my Ian! What a smarty-pants!