March 15, 2011

Legos are Ian's Favorite Thing!

Last weekend, Ian really wanted to go buy some toys at the store with his Christmas and Birthday money that he has been hanging on to for 3 months. He had quite a bit to spend, but he wasn't sure he wanted to spend it all. So we went looking. He about died when he saw the Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle, and just HAD to have it. I showed him how much it was, which was all the money that he had, and he contemplated and fussed over it for about 15 minutes! He finally decided that it was totally worth all his money, so he made the biggest purchase he has ever made. He wanted my help putting it together, which I totally didn't mind doing, *wink*, and it took us 2 days to finish it. Multiple time, he said to me, "Mom, I just love working on this quietly with you!" That really means a lot to me, and I know that I need to do that more often with him. He was so excited to finish his castle! And he did a great job!


Posted by Picasa