March 11, 2010

A Mom's Vacation!

I had the best opportunity, thanks to my great husband, wonderful mother, and fantastic friends, to go with my friend Michelle, up to Crystal Mountain for some much needed away time and some fun skiing!!! We left early Monday morning for the 4 hour trip! We got situated once there and took a walk around to show me the resort - it was amazing! I felt so blessed to be able to be there with a great friend, and just relax from being a mom and to be myself for 2 whole days! While there, we ate great food - which we didn't have to cook; we watched a few movies - one I would not recommend; but most importantly, we skied until our hearts were content! (and our legs hurt!) :) It was so nice to be back on the slopes. I haven't skied in about 12 years, so this was great for me! I thought I would totally have to re-learn how to ski and spend some time on the bunny hill, but to my surprise, it came back really quickly! I didn't even fall the whole first day! I did end up biffing it on the second day in the evening, and I had to laugh at myself, and Michelle HAD to take a picture! (I think I bugged her too much about taking pictures so I could scrapbook them! haha!) I am so grateful to my mom for watching my boys for 2 1/2 days so that I could have fun! I owe her the world! Here is our adventure in pictures....
Getting ready to goGoggles and helmet I borrowed - don't I look awesome!? I was a little skeptical on wearing it, but it wasn't too bad, and I wore it the whole time. Proved later to be a good thing!Me and Michelle ready to hit the slopes!The sunset was gorgeous on the mountain top.On top of the black diamond (which I DIDN'T go down) overlooking the little village resort. It was breathtaking!My awesome BIFF! Look, my ski even came off! Thank goodness for the helmet! I laughed the whole time! It was awesome!