October 3, 2009

Building the Bank


This morning, I took the boys over to Home Depot for their Kids Workshop day! I just found out that they do this once a month, and now I'm totally going every month! It was so cute! They gave the boys their own aprons (to keep!) and a free project to build, and today it was a fire station money bank! How cool is that!? It even has the 3 slots for 'save', 'spend', 'share'(which I told the boys was our tithing!) Awesome! So after they build their project, they show the lady there and she give them a certificate of completion AND a cool pin to put on their aprons... then they can collect the pins each month! How fun!
Anyway, I invited their Grandpa Beeler to come and help out! I'm so glad he did! At first, Luke didn't want to take any part of it, but once he saw how much fun Ian was having and the other kids, then he wanted to do it too! They had a great time hammering and doing their stickers. It was a perfect thing to do before Conference because Ian spent most of the first session coloring it with markers! He was really proud of his bank, and Luke has been in his apron most of the day pretending to be a 'worker'! Anyway, it was a GREAT morning thing to do with the boys, and we actually didn't have ANY screaming or mishaps! Yeah!!! I'm definatly doing that again! Enjoy the pictures!



Follow this LINK to see more pictures on my facebook page.
Posted by Picasa